Sunday, June 10, 2007

Trying Out Something New!

Ever since my Mom and Dad moved to Georgia (and now since Abby has also become a GA Peach) I've been thinking of new ways that would be good to communicate with all of them. Phone calls are nice, except life during the school year with 2 children can be quite busy and by the time we are able to sit and make the call it's time to be somewhere else (like in bed). Email is great, except Trent still requires a great amount of monitoring and once again we run into not enough time. SO, I'm going to try a blog...we'll see how it goes. Not only will it be great for my parents to read and to keep up with the kids, but other family members can keep up with us also especially during our extended stay in Atlanta this summer!

Many thanks goes out to Mommavia for creating her blog that I read from time to time. Reading her blog gave me the great idea of trying this new technology. Cynthia and I went to high school together, were "band nerds" together, and after graduation we simply lost touch. It wasn't until this past autumn that our 10 year high school reunion put us back in touch. Even though Cynthia wasn't able to attend our reunion I was able to catch up with her through the class website. It's amazing how things have changed over the past ten years!! Thanks Cynthia for the idea - and by the way...John, Trent, Ella, and I will be walking at Relay for Life this weekend at Green Hill. We will be thinking about you and your continued efforts in the fight against cancer. Trent is VERY excited to be taking part in his first Relay and "camping out."

So let me know how you like the blog Mom and Dad (and Abby...and anybody else for that matter). And a reminder to my Mom that there are to be no penalties for spelling or grammatical errors - You are not allowed to correct the TEACHER!!! :-)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Okay, this is my last comment today, I promise! Glad I was able to give you a way to keep in touch with your family...I enjoy blogging, but my parents haven't been so good about checking it...hopefully yours will do a better job! Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Moses!