Wednesday, June 20, 2007

For my "Gardener"...a check of the front yard





As some of you know, my Mom took on the time consuming job of becoming my "gardener" when we moved into our house in 2001. I am not by any means a GREEN THUMB. And now that she is living in Atlanta I know that she worries about the status of my yard - especially the flower beds surrounding my house. So in order to put her worries to rest I would like to share a few pictures so she (and the rest of the online community, for that matter) can see how well I've been doing since their departure earlier this year.

I have been sure to water each of the plants on a fairly regular basis, and with the exception of one holly, they are all thriving. I have also mananged (with the help of my father-in-law and the "plant book" at the hardware) to treat one of my older holly bushes for a fungus! As my mother directed me, I went and purchased the biggest bottle of Round-Up I could find. So I have included a picture of my dying weeds, that way my mother can see that not only can I buy Round-Up but I can also use it.

Mom- I neglected to photograph my gardenia earlier this month when it was blooming. I am waiting for the second round of blooms to appear and then I will try to remember to post a picture. It is very pretty! I also apologize for not getting a picture of the day lilies in the daytime. It really is a lot prettier in the morning.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: