Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Harlem Globetrotters

Tonight we had a great time getting to see the Harlem Globetrotters play. And guess what???? They won!! Can you believe that? They must be the winnest team in basketball! I wonder how they do that!?!?! :-)

I had never seen the Globetrotters play until tonight...with the exception of seeing the cartoon version on an episode of "Scooby Doo" back when I was a kid. If you don't remember the episode I'm talking about here's a link to a synopsis and a short trailer of the episode. I couldn't find a link for the original from the 70's, so this link will take you to the remake from a few years ago:

http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=25414

This Scooby-Doo episode should've been my sign that this is no ordinary basketball team. After watching them play tonight I will now refer to the Globetrotters as the WWF team of basketball. It reminded me of professional wrestling, except it was basketball. Yes, they are still awesome ball handlers but I never knew how "staged" the game was. It was quite funny and enjoyable and Trent had a wonderful time. Now to share with you a few pictures.

Tonight offered a special opportunity for Cub Scouts. We received discounted tickets and were able to enter early to visit with some of the players. This was a combined outting for both the Cub and Boy Scouts which Trent thought was pretty cool. We also had several sisters join the group! Trent's Cub Scout Master, Jimmy, is standing in the back on Globie's left side (he's the bald one).

I was amazed that it was actually ELLA'S IDEA to take a picture with Globie. She's always been scared to death of these kind of creatures.

Ella waits very patiently to go inside the coliseum.

I'm not sure what this player's name is but Trent was amazed at the spinning ball.

Trent enjoying the beginning of the game...watching the Globetrotters perform a "Magic Circle" to the tune of Sweet Georgia Brown.

During halftime Trent played around with one of the other Wolves from his pack. This is David and he was in my class last year. Like I've said before...every kid in Trent's pack has either had me for a teacher in the past or is in my current class. It's unusual but kind of neat.

No comments: