Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's a SNOW DAY!!

It's been a while since I last posted...that's because there hasn't been a lot to blog about. Life has been "normal" since we returned from Pops and Purson's house after Christmas.

Today is what all school-age children and their teachers hope for...a SNOW DAY!! We had our fingers crossed and we did everything possible yesterday at school to get it to snow - we did a Snow Dance, shook the Snow Basket during math (I know that you have no clue what the Snow Basket is, just go along with it), wrote short stories about what we like to do in the snow, and then drew snow pictures (with white chalk of course) to go along with our writings. The only bad part of a snow day is that we have to make it up, but this one came at a good time for me personally so I don't mind making it up next week. It does mean that teachers will have to go to school next Saturday for inservice because we are losing our time for the make-up day next week. Oh well!

The snow has been falling off and on all morning and I heard some freezing precip. hitting the kitchen vent a little while ago. I hope that the kids will get a chance to venture out this afternoon...we will have to see how long it takes to let up.

I snapped a few pictures out front. These are especially for my cousins Don and Carol in Florida...we all know how much they enjoy a good snowfall (ha, ha). It doesn't look like a lot in the pictures but it's about 2-3 inches I imagine. Enjoy!




This is a look from our front porch down to Paul and Kim's house.








ADDED AT 3:30pm.............................................................


We were able to go outside for about 30 minutes after lunch today. There was still some precipitation falling and we were wet when we got inside, but it was so much fun...and I was able to shovel half of the driveway. Here are a few pictures and video clips. Ella had a hard time trying to walk.

This is the BEFORE picture! It took a while to get everyone dressed.




I told you the snow was deeper than it looked in the pictures at the top.



The AFTER picture!


No comments: