Saturday, October 27, 2007

These Pictures are SENIOR YEARBOOK WORTHY!!

I imagine that only my parents and sister understand the title of this blog entry listed above. For those of you who are in the dark let me explain...

At my high school the parents of the graduating seniors are given the option of buying a dedication space in which they write whatever they choose (usually something mushy about how much their child has grown, how proud they are of the kid, etc., etc., etc.). Besides the sweet writing many parents also enjoy having one of their child's most embarrasing childhood photos included in the space. My parents discovered this tradition early in my high school career and tormented me (yes, tormented) my entire senior year telling me that they had sent in one really embarrasing picture. After checking my mother's neatly organized photo albums I discovered that the particularly embarrasing picture was missing from its space. Little did I know, until yearbooks were given out in May, that they did not put in that horrible picture but rather a very cute picture of me dressed as a pumpkin.


So, this slightly embarrasing picture is a keeper and might be up for consideration in Ella's senior yearbook. We will have to see how the next 14 years progress...there will be many more opportunities to take embarrasing pictures!




P.S. - Things did not turn out as "cute" for my sister however. Mom allowed me to choose the picture to be included in Abby's senior yearbook...that was a mistake. So what kind of picture would you chose for your little sister??? Of course it would be the one of her sitting on the toliet smiling ear to ear, duh. :-)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Just a word of advice, Ella. Don't allow Trent to select the photo for your senior yearbook....
Love, Purson

Cynthia said...

I remember that picture in our yearbook!! I am going to go pull mine out and check it out again...ahhh HS days!